20 HP Tohatsu Outboard Ultra Long (25") Leg For Sale

2012 outboard with power tilt,remotes,fuel tank & lines, wiring harness etc.With 4 blade high thrust prop (almost new) and 9.25x9 spare prop in good condition. The engine has done about 350 hours, has been serviced by me each year. New carburettor last year and all new fuel lines and filter.
Looking for £1600 these are about £3500 new including about £480 extra for Ultra long kit fitted.
Can see running on boat at Fareham mid Feb.
Getting a larger engine.

Comments

• We have a Yamaha 25 on achillea. Works great never cavitates , it was an xx long 30 inch from new , we added a 5 inch extension from a company in Florida 369£ . It took a hour to fit while in the back of a volvo estate in Padstow carpark! So its now a 35 inch leg !
  • Thanks for that info. I have now fitted a new 25HP High Thrust Yamaha long shaft as this is not availale now with x long. Still running in but early indications are very favourable with the 13" prop pushing her very nicely at not much more than a tickover. I have been in contact with Bay Manufacturing Co in USA who make the 5" extension kits, which I will order and fit over the winter.
    keith
  • Keith, I will be very interested to see what performance / and consumption figures you get, as the F25G appears to be very similar to my older F20, and the F25 High power gearbox is only 2.08 (mine is 2.0) while the 9.9 High thrust is 2.98, which I always thought was essential to get slow speed prop for high thrust!.
    I usually get about 3.5 -4L/hr, but I do not hang about!. This year I deliberately kept down to 3600, (and about 5kts) and got much nearer 2.9L/hr, 
    But Peter G still thinks my consumption figures are very high!.
    Cheers
    Dagnall

• the extension kit is surprisingly easy to fit