water tanks in 9M catalac

the standard layout shows waters tank in bilges, there is no sign of a water tank in my starboard bilge can you tell me what the original tank looked like ?

Comments

• Options

the first starboard tank was in the bilge maybe 3 foot 6 inches long by a foot by a foot they did drop in through the sole opening panel . The starboard pilot berth often had 2 plastic 5 gallon tanks aswell all three connected and filled together . The one in the bilge was around 25 gallon . Giving 35 gallon in total on the starboard side
  • Options
    thank you for that information did they also fit 35 gallons in the portside bilge? My 9M cat as filling points on both sides but somebody removed all the tanks. If the deck fillers are air tight I think the tanks will have to have a high level vent so that the tanks can be filled to over flowing at the fillers then when the water is being used the pumps will not pull a vacuum in the tanks which would damage them do you know if they had such vents? Also were all the tanks made of plastic and shaped to fit the bilge or just square?
    many thanks John. 
  • Options

sorry for slow reply . Yes portside had tank usually but only connected to the footpump in the galley the starboard side was linked to the electric pump . The idea being the galley pump would use water slowly so you didn't run out.
  • Options

the original tanks in bilge were stainless the 2 starboard under bunk were blue plastic. For whatever reason our stainless were also removed . We are fitting 2 flex tanks this next few weeks

Leave a Comment

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!